Moving day!

Yep. God amazed me.  He told me would. :) 


I knew I had my dad and my brother in law coming to help move.  Then my brother in law brought his brother. Then we ended up with 8 other people, who showed up at my door this morning.  And 3 that showed up at my parents house (where we moved to) to help unload.  Wow! 

We started at 9:30am.  Finished loading at noon.  Then got to the destination around 1pm and finished unloading around 3:30.  Amazing!!


Guess who these people where?  Members of the Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints or LDS.  I give credit to my cousin in Utah who told me he could arrange for "his people" to help me out on the move.  All I needed to do was give him my address and the address of my destination.  I didn't know what he was talking about.  So I called him and we chatted about his "Mormon Mafia" :) then I called my friend Pam who is LDS and she said, "oh yeah, we can definitely help you". And they did.  Yes, they did.

Tyson, Josh, Jason, Andrew, another guy, another guy, another guy and 3 more other men. Ya, I can't remember all their names.  And I want to acknowledge the awesome wives of these men, who stay home with their kids while their husbands do acts of service for perfect strangers.  I was totally blessed! 


I still have a ton of work to do.  I didn't think about all the stuff I have to find a home for in my parents house. All the little stuff.  A room that needs sheet rock before we use it.  A chicken coup that needs to be finished before I can move he chickens over, and a home that we are selling that needs lots of cleaning and odds and ends taken care of.  But, all the big stuff is done!

Did I mention that I'm getting skilled at backing up a pick up and small trailer? Yep, I'm moving up in the world on my list of things that I can do by myself.  I still need my man.  Still miss my wonderful, husband. But, I can back up a pick up without him and probably many other things too. :)

Here is my brother in law, on the right, stabilizing the washing machine. Then the LDS men loading.



Comments

Popular Posts