I have abandoned this blog for 2 years!
How time has flown.


The world is currently crazy with Corona or Covid-19 virus.
It began in China.
There are now 500 cases in Washington and 29 in Oregon.  All across America it is breaking out.
Lebanon, Oregon has 8 cases in a VA retirement home.

While this is all happening, James came down with Chicken Pox last week.
He started feeling tired on Saturday the 7th.  We had a time change on March 8th, so I thought he was just tired from that when we went to church.
Tuesday we went to our Homeschooling co-op classes.  I had no idea.  He complained of being tired, so I brought him home and found 12 spots on him but at that time they looked like bug bites.  He had a fever of 101.

By Wednesday he had double the spots.
By Thursday he was complaining of the terrible itching.
Calamine lotion does nothing.
I mixed up coconut oil and a mixture of essential oils: lavender, frankincense and tea-tree.
That really helped. And I gave him Benedryl before bed.

Friday he slept a lot.

Saturday he looks so much better.  His energy is coming back and he is playing with the kids.


Because of the Covid-19 scare, I stocked up on groceries on Wednesday morning.  I had picked up a few items the week before, so I didn't need much.  I think I have about 15-20 days worth of food.
Let me tell you I've heard that the stores are out of groceries at least for today.  And Costco can't keep toilet paper in stock.  People are crazy stocking up on toilet paper. {{Who Knew!?}}

Which brings us to today.  
I've decided to self-quarantine.  Not just to prevent the spread of chicken-pox but also because my kids will be having a lower immune system due to having chicken pox.

Today is day 2 of quarantine.  Mark did go to work Thursday, but worked from home on Friday.  And today he had David come over and help him work on building the shop.  Other than that, we have gone no where and had 1 visitor.
Let's see how long I can handle a quarantine.  I still have 4 kids to show signs of chicken pox and it takes 2 weeks to incubate.

 I also am wondering how this Covid-19 will spread.  Well, the whole world is wondering that.


Schools were closed in Oregon Friday the 13th - March 31st.  So 2 1/2 weeks. Any large gatherings of 250 people or more have been banned by the Governor.  That means many churches are closed, including our homeschooling co-op.


Did I mention we are building a shop and addition to our house?




















































Did I mention we have sheep!? 





Comments

Popular Posts