Parenting



I'm reading a book called, "The 7 habits of successful families" One thing that struck me was referring to our children as bank accounts.  Positive words and actions place currency in them.  Negative words and actions take currency out.  How are my kids' bank accounts today?

What do I do when my child has a bad attitude.  My response has been, stop having a bad attitude or you will have consequences.

How much better would it be if they chose to change not because I forced them to, but because they wanted to?

How much better would it be if I responded with, "you are choosing to separate yourself from me because if your bad attitude.  If you want to do this, then that is your choice to do that by yourself. When you are ready to have a good attitude, then we can talk."


Comments

Popular Posts