Wood stove installed

Oh my goodness, I love wood heat! Always have. Mark told me when we decided to buy this house that he would let me have a wood stove.  We got it installed this last weekend, right before the cold spell we've been having.  I am so thankful for it.  It should significantly reduce our heating costs - once we hit the break even point for the expense of it.  We figured it will take us 3 1/2 years to do that, but since we plan on being here for at least 30 years - it is a good investment.  And I love the idea of telling my kids - especially boys, who need to burn off some energy to go outside and chop some wood. :)

It isn't all glamorous like a gas fire place, it is messy and it does produce smoke when you are building a fire in it.  But I love it! 

Before the stove was installed.




After the stove...











Comments

Popular Posts