Finished a Season in Our Lives

Yes, we have officially moved out of 357 Arlowene Ct, Jefferson, OR.  Mark was home long enough to get the last remaining things and then was off to another fire. Thank you to all the people who helped me get through one of the hardest things I have ever had to do!  

This was the first home Mark and I purchased together. We lived there 11 years.  He always said he envisioned us living there for 10.  

It is a challenge to not be attached to places that you have had so many memories.  We bought it as a bank repo and we made so many changes to the back yard.  

All the plants each have a memory attached to them.  Where they came from, who gave them to us, if they were a birthday present, etc.  

All the rooms have memories. I home birthed 3 kids there.  But should I be sentimental about that? I don't drive by the Corvallis hospital and dwell about the rooms that I delivered Karmin and Rose in.  Why should I with a home? 

All the memories with neighbors, and the park in the back yard that borders the property. Memories, and more memories.  

But I think we have to choose where our mind will dwell.  I am choosing to dwell on the people in my life.  It doesn't matter where I live, but that I surround myself with people who love.  I love them and they love Me. 

And wherever God takes us, I will be at peace. 






Comments

Popular Posts