Sickness

There has been a vomiting bug going around. Dr. Shirk and Dr. McBride have talked about the power of probiotics on our immune systems. Since January I have been giving myself and the kids probiotics daily, and cod liver oil. (Which is high in vit. D)

On a Monday night karmin and Mark started vomiting.

Mark had it the worst, and he rarely gets sick. He was so dehydrated the next day that he passed out when getting out of the bath tub. I heard him fall and found him in a crumpled mess in the tub, staring blankly at me. He woke as I was calling the ambulance, and insisted that they didn't need to come. I had them come anyway. They wanted to take him to the ER for IV fluids, but I didn't have anyway to pick him up from the ER. Nor did I have the ability to take him to urgent car, not knowing if any of the kids would come down with the same thing later that day. So I tried to hydrate him myself, by 4pm I only got about 12 oz in him and opted to get the ambulance to take him to the ER. He felt this wasn't necessary, but I didn't have any way to take him, nor did I want someone to watch our kids, and end up getting sick. So although it didn't warrent a ER visit, it became one. And he was much better when his dad picked him up from the hospital.

However, because no one else got sick, I think it was because of the probiotics, and phytostan. I started feeling extremely nauseated Thursday night, but hit a high fever, and I was fine.

Comments

Popular Posts