Camping at River Bend

We went Camping for 2 nights at River Bend Park just east of Sweet Home. I was not looking forward to camping with an infant who needs 2 naps a day, baby food & who likes to get into everything, but... I did it.



However, I did have a plan B. If it got to be too difficult, I would just drive home. It is only an hour from our house. :) But, I stayed and I'm glad I did.



The first night went really well sleeping wise. The second night, I think the baby was cold cuz he nursed on and off all night long. We only have a double size air mattress, so when the baby would wake up I had some blankets on the floor for padding, and I'd feed him there, but I didn't bring an extra blanket for me. It got kinda cold.



There were a lot of people camping so, there was a lot of noise from other people and I was constantly listening for the girls, who were sleeping with Grandpa Fouts & Ben & Danae in the camp site next to ours.



I am so thankful that my parents came and brought their 5th wheel. Although my mom had a fire on her propane stove, when a propane lighter fell down under the burner and caught on fire. I was resting on her bed, and woke up coughing because of the smoke...It was pretty smoky, but she got the fire out.



The River was beautiful, the weather was hot. I loved sitting there at the river with the kids playing. We did that most of the time. James loved it too. For some reason he likes to try eating the rocks and the sand. :)


Mark and his dad took the kids down the river for a float. Grandpa Fouts ripped a hole through his raft when he went down a set of small rapids, and banged up his knees a bit. It wasn't dangerous, he just maneuvered the wrong way, and Karmin got really scared. She said that she thought she was going to die...we have a video of it, but I wish you could see her face better. She had a look of terror. :) Unfortunately she get's that from her mother...I was standing on the banks trying to cheer her on. In my head I was thinking "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GRANDPA DOING!"


They also went on bike rides, had cousins come and visit the second night. Then Sunday morning Grandpa Wilson took the kids on an early morning nature walk while Mark & I got a chance to sleep in a bit.



We had a really good time, even for the sleep deprivation. It was worth it for the kids.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts