Sewing projects


I love reading blogs...crafty blogs, that reinvent things into something new. Anyway, I read one recently that took old jeans and made a 8mo baby skirt using a used t-shirt for the waist band.


Honestly, T-shirts and anything with Ribbing I've stayed away from in my sewing world. : ) It seems I could never figure out how to keep that ribbing from stretching so much. WELL...I learned it's important to have a sharp needle, preferably a "bald point". I had so much fun with these. The skirt Karmin is wearing has a t-shirt waist band. You just measure the waist of your child, and cut the ribbing to be 2 inches shorter since it stretches.







Rose is modeling her new skirt made out of one of Mark's old T-shirts. The first tier was created from the sleeve. : ) One tiny little girl I have. : )
























I got the idea from this website. http://www.homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/ But I seem to have lost the page of her post about a t-shirt skirt she made for her 8mo old daughter. This site has a huge list of crafty stuff to sew.

Comments

Popular Posts