Crazy Things Kids Do

I know there are a lot of people who blog about the crazy things that their kids do. I really am blogging stories like this for my own record, since I don't keep a diary. And some day I want to remember the crazy things that my kids did when they were little. : )

With Baby James arriving last September, we decided to do some re-arranging and make the nursery (previously Jesse's room) into an office, Karmin & Roses' room became Jesse's bedroom. Rose & Karmin moved into our Master Bedroom & Mark and I moved into the bonus room. So, why did I mention all that? Because yesterday I was so thankful that our bedroom (previously, the bonus room) has hinges on the outside of the door!

You see, because we don't have a nursery room now, James sleeps in our room and to keep him from being pestered, I lock the door. I keep the key hanging up next to our room on the wall. High out of reach of children.

But my fool proof plan for keeping James undisturbed, didn't work. I heard him crying this morning and went to check on him. However when I went to unlock the door, the key wouldn't work. Ahhh. My baby is inside and I can't get to him. Thankfully, the hinges are on the outside of the room, which isn't typical of most rooms. But it has to be with the bonus room since the door swings out, not in because of the slope of the room. Lucky for me. If it had been our master bedroom that he was locked in, I would have had to have Mark come home from work and get the ladder to crawl in through a window!

So, I got the hinges off. Lifted the door out and rescued the crying baby. What I discovered was Rose thought she could pick the lock with floss picks. : ) Instead, she jammed the lock... silly girl. : )

Comments

Popular Posts