Today was one of those days...thankfully for me they are rare. I feel the need to express my frustration in writing, as I have secluded myself in my room, telling my husband (who recently got home) that I need some time to myself.


It started with Jesse, who is 2yrs old and has been pushing limits and boundaries for some time now. You know the fits they throw when they don't get their way. Or the toddler rules...what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.


We had a chiropractic appointment his morning that required us to be dressed, fed and in the car by 9:50am. I usually am not dressed by then...: ) So, it's a bit out of routine. Jesse is throwing a fit about having his pj's changed (which has been a common occurance). The girls are just being slow. Rose, is just flat out ignoring my directions to get changed and comb her hair. I finally get them in the car, and remember to bring snacks and water.


Of course I've been desperate to get in to the chiro, so I did something I don't normally do...I made an appointment for a Monday morning. This is always their busiest day, and difficult for me to keep Jesse from getting into things. Typically they are running late, and we arrived 10min early. Not a good plan. Of course Jesse did his normal flirting with the girls in the office, but when he's bored with that, he moves on to the room with the exercise ball and the scale. He gave a me a few fits about wanting to take the ball out of the room, so I removed him to the bathroom, where we talked, and he washed his hands and aparently forgot about the incident.


Oh, I failed to mention the hour long ride to the chiropractor and the hour long ride home...lovely time for Jesse and I. He of course had his screaming fits over not getting water, or a book or whatever he's trying to get. On the way home it was so out of control I pulled over and he got a spanking. Thankfully that caused him to straighten up a little. Ugh!


Nap time today went pretty well...I was exhausted so I dropped into bed. Got up around 3:30pm about a half hour earlier than Jesse did. And proceeded to get on the computer, which is the only time of day to do it. But I made the fatal mistake...I stayed on too long, and didn't have snacks available and didn't have dinner ready. Jesse got up at 4pm, had a bit of an orange with me, while the girls watched a movie. By 4:30pm they were getting pretty restless...

Jesse got in fight with Rose over her cinderella doll, and consequently she pulled and he pulled and the head came off. Rose was devestated...she loves this doll. Superglue my be able to fix it. We'll see.

I return to my email, but soon notice Jesse is too quiet. In a bit of laziness I wait to go find out what he's into. When I do find him, he is in the bathroom, dipping a empty soda can of Mark's into the toilet and drinking the water. Ewwww!


So, 5pm. We head downstairs. Now yesterday we went fishing on Foster lake. We kept 2 fish to eat. I like trout, occasionally. The sound of baked potato with fish and fresh asparagus was appealing. However, my kids were hungry. NOW. I put a few cucumbers out and directed the girls to folding clothes, but Karmin was excessively tired and hungry and proceeded to have a melt down. She's usually the one who keeps her self composed. But I failed to be prepared and it was 5:30 and she was hungry.


Jesse had a few melt downs as well. What to do??? Make them wait and hope they eat dinner well? I had a hunch though that dinner was not going to be a favorite. Since in previous years the girls didn't like the fish. But I gambled hoping that tonight would be different and being really hungry they would eat well.


Finally, dinner was ready and I was starving too. Each recieved about 2 adult bites of fish, and a baked potato. It wasn't worth it. Rose was gagging on the fish, Karmin was relentless in her melt down, and Jesse pretty much just spit the stuff out. I insisted that they eat the potato. Which caused Karmin to continue to melt down. She went to her room for a while to calm down and came back later to finish eating a cold potato.


I loved the meal. But I knew Mark doesn't care for fish either...


Jesse and Rose ate, and went outside on the deck to play. Upon returning Jesse got his fingers smooshed in the sliding glass door. I'm about pushed to my limit, with a messy kitchen, fussy children and feeling done with this.


Finally Mark arrives around 6:30pm. He takes one look at the now cold, fried fish and asparagus and pulls out the cold cereal. The kids get excited and all start scrambling for their own bowls and spoons. What a waste of energy. I should have fed them cold cereal, and fixed the nice meal for me.


Now I'm trying not to be offended that Mark isn't eating the meal I slaved over. Problem is, is that I knew it when I made it that he wouldn't want to eat it. So, I'm upstairs, hiding away, trying to let things go and relax. And tomorrow will be a new day.

Comments

  1. Wow, you are amazing! I cannot even imagine going through that day, I'm sure I would have done far worse things to my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts