Yep, I have a boy...


My littlest is turning 2 in February. My 3rd child, and a boy. He has been so different than my girls. He drums on everything, snagging the butter knives out of the dishwasher to use as drums is common. I'm missing a few because of that. He seems to love the sound of hitting things.


Of course balls are also his favorite. Throwing, hitting, kicking, the usual.

But recently a few things happened that I didn't expect. The gross. You know, girls aren't usually into gross. They find animal poop outside and say "Mommy there's poop in the drive way, eww gross, don't step in it." Not boys.


Two weeks ago, I'm letting the kids play in the front yard while I clean out the car. I hear the girls cry, "Mom! There's mushy dog poop and Jesse's stepping in it!". Really, he was tromping in it. Yuck.


Last week, he must have found some kind of animal vomit on the sidewalk. He comes to show me the treasure he has in his hands. YUCK!


And of course he's curious about anything new. I won't go into the disgusting details of the visit to the chiropractor when we had to use the men's restroom (1 toilet and urinal, with locking door) for Rose to go potty. Let's just say, next time I will lock Jesse in the stall with me, instead of letting go of his hand for a brief moment while I pull up Rose's tights. Urinals are disgusting.


Yep, I've got a boy. Coupled with being a curious 2 year old. We're making memories. : )

Comments

Popular Posts