Mice

I once thought that people who had mice were ones that had unsanitary homes. Now I've come to realize that mice are not respectors of cleanliness. Instead, they want to be warm. Finding food lying around is a plus too!

About a month ago, I found out we had mice. We live in a newer home built in 2000. I have never seen a mouse run around in daylight...EVER. Until that Sunday morning. We were getting dressed for church. I step out into the hallway in our upstairs, and see something scurry past my husbands feet! It was a brief glimpse of a small furry creature. My husband doubted me. Said I was seeing things. THEN...it was confirmed. I opened the pots and pan drawer under my oven, and found mouse droppings in one of my pans! I was sickened. Now the tough part. How do you rid yourself of them?

Yesterday, I saw one tip-toe and pitter patter though my kitchen. I crept over to it under the table hoping to somehow catch it with a towel (right!!!). Suddenly it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. They move so fast. You blink and they are gone. It was a tiny one. It makes me wonder if it was a juvenile. I think it was. We set spring traps. They just ate the bait off them. We got these circular traps that the mice crawl into, eat the bate, and get their heads chopped off.

They have been strategically placed in our home for 2 weeks now. We just caught two of them the other night. One night we trapped one behind our TV. It got away somehow. They just seem to disappear.

I'm getting more used to them appearing. But they disgust me. I have a 10month old baby crawling around the floors. I've figured out where they are coming in, but it's going to be tough to stop it from happening. They must have chewed a hole through the duct work under our house. Then they made a hole behind the kick board under our cabnetry in the kitchen where the heating vent is placed. Pretty tricky little guys, and I'm tired of them. Tonight, my crazy husband caught one with his hands. I was amazed. Who needs a cat!

Comments

Popular Posts